Download Template Suite
The latest release of our template suite is available to download from our GitLab repository.
- Download the 1.0.0 (Capilano) template suite and see all release notes.
- See the source files of our templates in the GitLab main branch.
We want to help open source projects be more effective by helping them lift the quality of their documentation.
We create processes, templates, and guides covering the numerous aspects of writing good documentation. We describe our reasoning and provide research to empower writers and non-writers alike to understand the deeper concepts and principles of effective technical writing.
Every project deserves a minimum level of good docs, but it can be hard to know where to start or write. Our open-source suite of templates will help you create a baseline documentation set.
Our key target audiences are:
- Software developers who want to use guides and templates to create documentation for their projects.
- Technical writers setting up a documentation framework who want to use established templates and processes, customizing where appropriate, to align with the project’s goals.
- Project owners who need to balance project priorities and want to understand the return-on-effort associated with different documentation strategies.